Senior Level Chiller Technician Opportunity!
Well established regional Industrial and Commercial HVAC service company has one open position for a Chiller technician to serve customers in the greater Montgomery/Birmingham Alabama area. Successful applicants will be able to troubleshoot and repair centrifugal chillers and chilled water systems. They will also possess the ability to offer technical support and training to junior technicians, and answer customer questions. Knowledge of all building HVAC systems is also vital to this role.
Base pay $27.00-$ 34.00+DOE
- Medical and dental
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- 401(k) / profit sharing
- Phone/phone allowance
- Ongoing product and professional training
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Much more to this dynamic opportunity!
- Perform diagnostic tasks for complex maintenance and repair activities.
- Read and interpret blueprints, as-built control diagrams, and HVAC equipment electrical schematic control wiring diagrams, and to use these in determining proper system operation, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC systems.
- Performs the most complex troubleshooting and repair of industrial and commercial mechanical, air conditioning, heating and ventilating equipment and control systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains Centrifugal Chillers and other complex mechanical, air conditioning, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Ensures mechanical systems are running at peak efficiency by inspecting equipment for operating efficiency and safety standards.
- Monitors and inspects construction projects and contract work to ensure compliance with contractual agreements and with national, state and local code requirements.
- Maintains records of work performed and parts and materials used.
- Maintains records of equipment failures and repairs.
- 5-10 years of experience with Centrifugal Chillers and associated systems components OR HVAC Controls experience
- EPA Universal certification a plus.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel programs.
- Hands on knowledge of chilled water systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose variety of building HVAC systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.