Field Service Engineer-Fire Alarm opportunity pops up in NY metro area
Field Service Engineer- Fire Alarm
If you are not feeling challenged, a bit bored, and even a little under appreciated, this is probably a good time to have a confidential discussion to explore this fantastic opportunity with the Northeast’s fastest growing full service fire protection integrator!
Well established regional Industrial and Commercial full service fire and security integrator has one open position for a Field Engineer to support their FIRE ALARM CLIENTS …a systems technician who can solve problems and communicate with professionalism and passion.
This “Fire Alarm Professional” will be involved in troubleshooting sophisticated low voltage fire alarm systems problems while supporting a team of technicians in the greater N. Jersey AND/ OR NEW YORK area. They will also possess the ability to offer technical support and training to junior technicians, and answer customer questions. Knowledge in troubleshooting and programming fire alarm systems is vital to this role.
Base pay $28.00-$ 32.00++DOE
- FULL Medical and dental Medical Coverage
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- 401(k) with $ for $ match!
- Company provided vehicle
- Cell Phone
- Lap Top
- Ongoing product and professional training/factory certification and NICET
- 4 weeks Paid time off includes, sick days, and holidays
- Much more to this dynamic opportunity!
- Able and willing to enjoy your work, have fun and bring your best each day.
- Perform diagnostic tasks for complex maintenance and repair activities.
- Read and interpret blueprints, as-built control diagrams, and security/fire alarm equipment electrical schematic control wiring diagrams, and to use these in determining proper system operation, troubleshooting, and repair of security related systems.
- Performs the most complex troubleshooting and repair of industrial and commercial fire alarm equipment and control systems.
- Troubleshoots, Programs, commissions, and maintains commercial and enterprise level fire protection systems
- Maintains records of work performed and parts and materials used.
- 4+ years of experience with a variety of commercial low voltage systems but must include FIRE ALARM.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel programs.
- Hands on knowledge of low voltage systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
** FOR THE RIGHT PERSON WE ARE GLAD TO DISCUSS SIGN ON BONUS